The Gigley marketplace helps you get more done. To create a safe, respectful and rewarding environment, we need you to follow the Guidelines below:
- Tasks must be legal
To ensure a safe and secure experience for all our members, all tasks posted must be legal. Soliciting, inducing or encouraging illegal acts are strictly prohibited. Scams are also not tolerated on Gigley and will be removed.
- Prohibited items list
Tasks must not relate to weapons or unlawful activity, which may result in furtherance of a crime. Any requests relating to drugs, including prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia is prohibited. Not only may these activities have serious legal ramifications, but they are also against the spirit and values of Gigley.
- No escort or adult services
Escort or adult services are strictly prohibited on Gigley. This includes tasks or comments which are obscene or sexually explicit in nature. Whilst we are pushing boundaries and helping to reimagine the future of employment, we draw the line here.
- Clear scope, time and budget required
To help get your tasks completed, it’s important that your task has a clear scope, time and budget.
- Scope:The task description should clearly, and thoroughly, state what it is that you need done. Adding as much information as possible helps the Gigley Worker understand expectations.
- Time:Does the task need to be completed on a specific day or can it be flexible with the Gigley Worker ? If specific, mention in task description.
- Budget: Setting a fair price for the amount of time and effort required for the task is crucial. Gigley does not endorse low pricing of tasks and a task may be moderated, if found to be.
These help Gigley Workers to know whether they have the skills and availability to complete your task. It will also help avoid any misunderstandings about expectations along the way.
- Task based posts
The Gigley marketplace is a task based platform. Tasks that are fraudulent in nature such as, completing academic assignments and assessments, and the requesting of fake business reviews, are not allowed on the Gigley platform.
- Example 1:Rachael posted a task requesting an Gigley Worker to complete her university assignment which was a 2,000 word essay on the French Revolution. Rachael was contacted shortly after posting her task and advised the post had been cancelled, as it was an academic assignment therefore not supported on Gigley.
- Example 2: Sasha posted a task asking Gigley Workers to leave 5 star reviews on her company's website and Facebook page. Sasha's task was immediately cancelled from Gigley and she was advised her task did not follow the Community Guidelines.
- No advertising
We support businesses outsourcing tasks on Gigley to help their business grow, however Gigley is not a platform for business advertisements, nor a job board for permanent job ads. Gigley is also not a platform for any requests to be employed.
- Example 1: Joey posted a task asking for a part-time or full-time job as a builder. The task was removed by Gigley as job requests are not supported in the Gigley marketplace.
- Example 2:Amanda owns a driving school and posted a task looking for full-time driving instructors, starting from $40 per hour. Amanda’s task was removed as it was considered a business advertisement therefore not supported in the Gigley marketplace.